Darrell L. Warta
Foulston Siefkin LLP
1551 N. Waterfront Parkway
Wichita, KS 67206-4466
Mr. Warta has spent over 45 years successfully trying civil lawsuits in Wichita and throughout the state of Kansas. As lead trial counsel, he has focused on product liability, defending high exposure personal injury and professional liability jury trials.
Mr. Warta enjoys Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory’s highest “AV” rating for lawyers and has been selected for inclusion in the Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® list, The Best Lawyers in America©, and Chambers USA as a leading general commercial litigation lawyer in the United States.
In 2011 he was recognized by Best Lawyers® as the Wichita Product Liability “Litigator of the Year” and in 2012 he was named Wichita Bet-the-Company Litigation “Lawyer of the Year.”
Mr. Warta is a Fellow and member of the American College of Trial Lawyers. His peer memberships include the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel and the Kansas Association of Defense Counsel.
- Washburn University (J.D., 1971)
magna cum laude; Editor-in-Chief – Washburn Law Journal; Member – National and International Moot Court Teams
- St. Ambrose College (B.A., 1968)
magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas (1971)
- Kansas (1971)
- American College of Trial Lawyers Fellow
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2011 Wichita Product Liability “Litigator of the Year” and the 2012 Wichita Bet-the-Company Litigation “Lawyer of the Year”
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the areas of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 1993-2022
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® List, 2006-2021 (a Thomson Reuters business)
- Identified by Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in the United States for Litigation: General Commercial, 2004-2020
- Identified by Chambers USA as a Senior Statesperson in Litigation: General Commercial, 2021-2022
- Kansas Bar Association
- Wichita Bar Association
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
Foulston Siefkin lawyers have represented manufacturers from all over the nation in product liability claims. From asbestos to electronic devices to tires and wheels and pharmaceutical products, Foulston Siefkin lawyers have been involved in all aspects of the often complex world of product litigation. We understand the necessity of litigation coordination for world-wide distributors, the sensitivity of document production issues and the need for retention and development of the highest quality experts.
As the largest Kansas law firm, Foulston Siefkin is able to draw on a multitude of resources to aid in product liability suits. Nearly 30 years of experience in product liability law gives our attorneys a distinct advantage and a background of helpful resources, knowledge, and experience. Our attorneys are trained to aggressively investigate and defend product liability claims, while working closely with the manufacturer or seller to coordinate a nationwide defense strategy that may include anything from early settlement discussions to trial.
Product cases often become document intensive wars with the need for exceptional management capabilities. Foulston Siefkin has invested extensively in the technology necessary to coordinate, track and utilize the voluminous information generated in complex litigation. This technology allows us to communicate and coordinate litigation strategies with lawyers and clients all over the country.
The firm represents a broad range of clients mirroring the Kansas economy, including major agriculture, energy, and natural resource producers and processors, construction general and sub-contractors, corporations, financial institutions, franchisers and franchisees, health care and senior care providers, insurance companies, manufacturers, professional entities, public utilities, service providers and others. The firm’s practice areas cover the spectrum of the legal profession