Kimberly D. Young
Friday, Eldredge & Clark, LLP
400 West Capitol Ave
Little Rock, AR 72201
Kimberly D. Young has been practicing law with Friday, Eldredge & Clark since 2003 and she concentrates her practice in the field of civil litigation, including products liability, intellectual property and premises liability. She has over a decade of experience representing electric and natural gas utilities in Arkansas, including the successful defense of catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims.
While she has represented a diverse set of clients in personal injury litigation, most recently her focus has been in the area of products liability, including the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in multi-district litigation.
Kim also devotes a portion of her practice to appellate work and has appeared before the Supreme Court of Arkansas, the Arkansas Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals of the Eighth Circuit.
- Bank of the Ozarks v Ford Motor Co., 2020 Ark. App. 231. (Affirming summary judgment in favor of the defense in a wrongful death and strict liability claim involving a Ford Explorer).
- Singleton, et al. v. Arkansas Housing Authorities Property & Casualty et al., 934 F.3d 830 (8th Cir. 2019) (affirming summary judgment in favor of defendant housing authority and smoke alarm manufacturer for claims of negligence and strict liability)
- Member of regional case management team for multi-district litigation involving pelvic mesh surgical implants, handling the defense’s discovery and briefing process for over 100 individual plaintiffs.
- Z.C. v. Wal-Mart, Inc., 574 Fed. Appx. 52 (2nd Cir. 2014) (affirming summary judgment in favor of defendant manufacturer of high-powered air rifle on products liability claims).
- Havner v. Northeast Ark. Elec. Coop., 2017 Ark. App. 111 (Feb. 2017) (affirming summary judgment in favor of electric company, holding it owed no duty to maintain cables owned by a third party and attached to electric company’s utility poles).
- Marcotte v. United Parcel Service, Inc., United States District Court, E.D. Ark. (defense jury verdict in premises liability claim alleging permanent disability).
- Johnson v. First Electric Cooperative Corp., Saline County Circuit Court (defense jury verdict in wrongful death claim arising out of billboard employee’s contact with an energized overhead electrical line).
At Friday, Eldredge & Clark, our experienced litigation attorneys represent and defend manufacturers in product liability claims as a result of a defect in design, manufacturing or marketing. Whether the claim made is from an injury from the use of the product or a defect in the product design, our attorneys can help you navigate the court system.
We represent a number of clients on a national, regional basis, and state-wide basis including manufacturers of pharmaceuticals, medical devices, agriculture equipment, automobiles, firearms and industrial equipment.
Beyond calling on the firm to help when litigation occurs, our manufacturing clients call on us for advice to prevent a lawsuit. From on everything from drafting of warnings and manuals to preventing product liability claims to product safety compliance issues. More than 20 litigators at the firm represent clients in product liability matters, including class actions. Our product liability lawyers have tried numerous product claim related jury trials in Arkansas and throughout the country.
We have served as counsel in cases involving Arkansas’s adoption of the learned intermediary doctrine and comment k to section 402A of the Restatement of Torts (2d). In addition, we have represented manufacturers in attorney general actions and governmental entity claims alleging a product creates a public nuisance.
Friday Eldredge & Clark LLP is a full-service law firm representing businesses, nonprofits, healthcare organizations, government entities and individual clients in Arkansas and across the United States. The firm is the largest in Arkansas with 90 attorneys and 100 support personnel.
Recognized as one of the oldest law firms in Arkansas, we have had the privilege of representing clients for 150 years. We attribute our success to a strong foundation of devoted leadership and a continuous, sharp focus on our clients’ needs.
We believe this foundation, along with offering services in more than 50 areas of the law, has allowed us to become the largest law firm in Arkansas with offices in Little Rock (headquarters) and Rogers.
Known for our rich history and vast scope of services, we are committed to further development and growth within the firm and our community to best serve our clients.
Friday, Eldredge & Clark proudly serves a diverse group of industries and represents clients that include Fortune 500 companies, private individuals, entrepreneurs, nonprofits and governmental entities.
We work closely, whether as local or regional counsel, with some of the finest firms in America. We are members of the Southern Law Network, comprising many of the leading law firms with offices in Alabama, Arkansas, Washington D.C., Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.